Sunday, June 10, 2012

An afternoon with Sergio

I've mentioned a lot on Facebook lately that Sergio Leone's The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is one of my favourite films of all time. It is certainly my favourite Western. I ticked an item off the Bucket List today, I saw this film on the big screen. What impressed me most was the audience, the place was packed. A range of ages too. Younger and older generations were equally represented. We saw the extended version, which has most of the extra footage in it. This was only missing one minor scene and the movie ran to well over 2 hours.

The Wikipedia entry for this film reveals a lot of interesting trivia.

The audience was great, they laughed in delight at the moments they should have laughed in delight at, they oohed and aahed at the right moments too. Being in The Embassy theatre, owned by Sir Peter Jackson and site of the premiere's of the Lord Of The Rings movies and The Hobbit in November, made this a special treat.  Really pleased I saw this movie, and I'll be keeping an eye out for future retro-showings of other great movies (they did the full Back To The Future trilogy the other week!)

No comments: