Saturday, March 16, 2013

Permuted Press Publishing Deal

For me, the difference between a writer and an author is that authors have traditional publishing deals. The ones with advances on novels and publishing contracts with commercial entities.

I've always been leery of calling myself and author, having self-published a novel and sold a multitude of short stories and edited an anthology for a publishing house.

Now, I feel I am an author.

I have been approached by Permuted Press with an offer to buy Tankbread and the unpublished sequel, Immortal.

This is why we write. We tell ourselves it is because we have stories to tell, it keeps the voices subdued, we don't do it for the money - yeah right. Billy Connolly once said that people say money can't buy you happiness, but that's bullshit. It's fucking great.

I'm in no position to quit my day job, but I feel I have been reimbursed for the time and effort and investment I have made in producing Tankbread.

Now I have a deadline to finish the sequel (September 2013) and working on that has made it clear that a 3rd book in the trilogy, which I am calling Deadland will have to follow.

After that, it could be anything. I have so many different post-apocalyptic tales to tell - some with zombies, some without. The future is bright (but also quite grim).



1 comment:

TheGirl said...

Congratulations